In a message dated 10/18/2006 7:01:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I normally use a Sandisk 12 in one usb card reader do download from the
*istD CF card.  I'm just curious as to what this little plastic "card" is
for.  Looks like is can use memory stick, sd and PCMCIA cards.  I'll take a
photo of it later and post it.

Bill
========
It's not a card, it's a plastic place holder. I guess to protect the port.
When I first found mine on my laptop, I thought, hey, hey, I can stick CF or SD
cards in there! Cool, this laptop is already setup for photos! But that is not
what it is, it is a PCMCIA port. Others on list have already told you more
than I could about it. But, yes, it is a tad disappointing. One can stick a
card
reader into that port, but it is not the cool built-in card reader I
originally thought it was (and it appears you originally thought it was). Maybe
it's
cooler :-), but one has to spend a little more to make it a card reader.

HTH, Marnie :-)