Op Wed, 18 Oct 2006 15:28:22 +0200 schreef Bill Owens
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I just discovered what appears to be a PCMCIA slot on my Dell 1505.
> There
> is a little black thingy that is currently in the slot that pops out and
> seems to have a couple of ridge like projects that are apparently guides
> for
> different cards.  Other than showing my lack of knowledge of 'puters, can
> anyone tell me anything about this slot?  No info in the manual nor any
> info
> I can find on the Dell site.

Hi Bill,

Apart from a PCMCIA slot, it could also be an Express Card slot (see
www.expresscard.org). Same function, but newer, faster, better and utterly
incompatible...

If you plan on buying something that fits it, you might want to make sure
it's the correct card for the slot.
--
Regards, Lucas