On Oct 19, 2006, at 3:50 PM, Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> <ROTFLMAO> x 2
>
> That's a pretty broad and baseless assumption, Bob.  And as Paul
> pointed
> out, once he understood what you meant, the file is actually a lot
> larger
> than you made it out to be.

The file size is how much space it takes up on my storage disk.  In
the case I referenced, 15.6 MB is the actual file size.  I also have
a bunch of images stored as Genuine Fractals files, and the file size
is how much space the file takes up, not whatever arbitrary size I
decide to open it as.

Why on earth would anyone store uncompressed TIFF files?  LZW
compression is lossless, so you're just wasting disk space if you
don't use it.

It took me a while to think of this as the missing point in our
communication, since it seems just plain silly to store TIFF files
any other way.

Bob