From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
William Robb
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 6:51 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: The JCO survey

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell"

> Yeah it's so stupid, its funny. They say that
> The cam sensor would make the body cost more
> And don't want to pay the $50 for it and then
> Go out and buy thousands of dollars of lenses
> Which may have not needed replacing if they
> Had the $50 better body.

You talk like as if your precious K/M lenses actually support auto
focus, shutter preferred AE, programmed exposure AE, MTF data transfer,
etc.
I've bought a few lenses because I want to take advantage of the new
technology, and because the format change created a few holes in my lens

lineup.
I have never bought a new lens to replace a K/M lens because of stop
down metering, and I have strong doubts that very many people have,
since it isn't necessary.

William Robb