From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
William Robb
Sent: Sunday, October 22, 2006 7:01 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: The JCO survey

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. C. O'Connell"

> Be more specific please. Body cost reduction
> And or new lens selling profits or whatever?
> Your being way too vague. I already have posted
> My best theory on this , so whats yours?

My Pentax sales rep friend summed it up rather well.
Here is what he sais

"It's all a matter of cost.  Pentax would rather take that $35 or so and

reduce the cost of the camera to make them more competitive.  Or, add
the $35 to the corporate promotional effort or better yet, drop it into
the 'PROFITS' drawer.  That $35 or so is not a RETAIL amount, but a COST

amount if I remember correctly.  It is clear that having a higher level
of lens compatibility WILL NOT buy any greater sales success of K100D or

K110D or K10D.  Pentax is finding that they can't make enough of any of
these cameras to satisfy the demand."

William Robb