LOL ... slip on caps are, for me, almost always "slip off" caps. I
always find them dropped off in my bag or lost entirely. I replace
slip on caps, such as delivered with the FA77 and DA21, with generic
clip on plastic caps that I buy for $6 each at the local camera shop.
Much more secure.  ;-)

For the DA14, I wanted a stretch sock that fits over the very wide
lens hood so I could keep the hood on the lens when I stuffed it back
into the bag without risking that huge front element. OpTech produces
the 'hood hats' in several sizes, this is a representative one:
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?
O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=221936&is=REG&addedTroughType=search>
or
   http://tinyurl.com/ydbcyq

I can't remember the diameter that I bought offhand but it works
perfectly: stretches over the lens hood and stays securely in place.
I used to use a smaller one with the FA28-105 lens and its tulip hood
as well since the hood was again pretty shallow.

Godfrey