From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Bob Shell
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 6:54 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: The JCO survey

On Oct 23, 2006, at 6:23 AM, J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> Why that link? I know the apostrophe is
> Supposed to be there but I told you I omit it on purpose
> On this list and others. This isnt a job resume.
> Its dirt cheap disposable internet quick typed chat.
> The apostrophe is a hard key to hit for me when
> Touch typing fast( it uses the right pinky in a weird
> Lateral move from base semicolon.)

What kind of keyboard do you have?  On mine the apostrophe is just to
the left of the return key.  When I want to type "joe's an idiot" I
use my ring finger to hit the apostrophe and don't even notice.  I
learned touch typing in the 60s and seem to recall that the
apostrophe is somewhere else on a typewriter keyboard, but no longer
have one of those beasts.  Personally, I think proper punctuation is
essential to accurate communication.

Bob