John. This is none of my business. Despite this, I kindly do suggest that
you reread Shel's post.

The way read him he does not suggest, or not even hint, that you have ripped
him off or tried to rip him off in any way. All he claims is that you
responded in an abusive and aggressive way, when he said the front element
was loose. No more, no less.

When seeing the language you have used in your response here, I have no
problem imagining what kind of language he is referring to. Basically what
he says, is that he dislikes being verbally abused. I'm not Shel, but I
guess that's why he does not want to do business with you any more. This I
can sympathise with. Abusive language makes me feel uncomfortable too.

This said. Based on what I have seen here, I have no reason not to make
business with you.

But I do think Shel has a very valid point in his third paragraph. It seems
that you are not fully aware how your language and general list behaviour
come across. Remember; this is a family list. Children, and others, might
get scared. I can hardly imagine that's your purpose.

In the name of just. I also do think Shel could have made a better example.
IMO it would have been more appropriate choosing something public, not
personal, something from the list.

One more point, also in the name of just. John is not the only one using
abusive language in this so called aperture simulator threads. I could name
others. You know who you are; this is a family list, remember?

At the beginning of the debate I must admit that I was kind of amused. But
that changed after about 100 posts. Now it is a total waste. All this
swearing and aggression over a camera feature, a dead thing. This really
saddens me.

And folks (I'm addressing all now), if you have to swear, why don't use some
creativity and come up with some colourful swearing? If swearing in black
and white; please put some effort in the rendering ;-)

Peace and love, Tim ;-)