I flew to New York by Pan-Am the day before the same flight was blown up
over Lockerbie.

On my return (the flight was almost empty), security had been beefed up:

"What's in that bag?"

"Cameras"

"Oh, that's fine."

Presumably I have an honest face, and the security woman thought I would
admit to carrying bombs if I had been so doing.

John