Doug Brewer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I may just be dense, but I don't see the advantage.  [...]

What would really be advantageous, is if people who communicate using
mailing lists like this one could use a common standard for that
communication, say, for example, plain text with < 80 character lines,
and judicious quoting of the text one is commenting on using a common
convention (like "> " at the start of lines), like we used to do all
over the net up until about half a decade ago.

Oops.  Sorry.  What was I thinking?  I'll go take my medication now,
so I can join in the Hare Microsoft choir.  I promise: I'll do my very
best, from now on, to always quote the entire previous discussion, in
reverse chronological order, with my own comments out of context at
the very top.  Honest!

-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.