On Nov 1, 2006, at 5:29 AM, Bertil Holmberg wrote:

> The up to date version should be:
>
> "Every time I see and adult cyclist wearing a helmet, I no longer
> despair for the human race"

Last week I saw a fellow riding down one of our local trails without
a helmet.  I don't care that it was the easiest track on the hill, or
that he was going slowly; he's still a stupid git.  Technically he
may have been breaking the law due to the "paper-road" status of that
track.

My own helmet saved me from a nasty knock last Saturday.  Pity I
almost broke my thumb as well, so I can't ride offroad for now...
although I might do some hill climbs this weekend as I need to work
off the sympathy chocolate.  I think I can manage braking on the
road, so getting back down shouldn't be too hair-raising.

- Dave (have you ever tried to brush your teeth with the other hand?)