On Nov 1, 2006, at 3:36 PM, Scott Loveless wrote:

> The 35mm
> sounds nice, but I've never worked with anything quite that wide.  I
> have seen some results from the SWC and it seems to be a camera you'd
> want to keep close to level if there's anything in the foreground.

That's why all SWCs have a built-in bubble level in the viewfinder...
With any rectilinear ultrawide like this (the DA14 produces the same
diagonal field of view on the *ist DS), you have to be very careful
of perspective distortions and keystoning. The SWC is distinguished
in having absolutely superb quality, right to the corners, and
virtually non-existent light falloff. I hope the A35/2.8 for Pentax
645 performs as well.

> The 45 is probably more practical.  It's also more available.  My
> window shopping has only turned up one used 55mm A lens, and it had
> oil on the blades.

There are three A45/2.8 lenses available on Ebay in auctions due to
close between today and three days from now. Search for item numbers:
   200040917669
   170043846166
   7538038604

I was tracking these to see what the going rates were...

Godfrey