----- Original Message -----
From: "Lasse Karlsson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>(Unfortunately my mouse is not very good. Sometimes when I move it an
inch, the cursor/pointer won't move at all. Then all of a sudden that
ball in the mouse makes a jump and the line I am about to draw will also
jump into areas where it is not supposed to. I am dreaming about when I
will afford that Wacom(?) pen and tablet.)

Lasse & all,

Get the graphics tablet, you'll never look back.  Although mine is not a
Wacom (which is reputed to be best) it is still better for photo
retouching than any mouse.  I have an Acecat Flair made by Acecad, it's
the model with the cordless pen and is very cheap ($AUS130, about
$US70).  Although the working area is small at 4in x 5in I find it a
very comfortable size as it means I never have to move my hand to cover
the whole tablet.  If you were to get a larger tablet it would need to
be significantly larger (double) so that the higher resolution was worth
the extra hand movement, in my view anyway.

Only two demerits have come to my notice. One is that a single rocker
switch is used on the pen barrel to give double left click (upwards
press) or single right click (downwards press).  The pen point itself
gives single left click or click-and-drag. The downwards movement to get
the right click is easy to fudge and sometimes takes more than one
attempt.  Two seperate buttons would have been preferable and other
tablets in the Acecad range do have separate buttons but they also have
wired pens which would have irritated me no end.  The other problem is
that the software for the tablet sometimes locks up under the pressure
of rapid working, but that could be a fault of my 'puter which has only
64meg RAM.  On the plus side this tablet doesn't disable the mouse
because it is a USB device and doesn't use the mouse port.

Photo retouching with a graphics tablet is a dream.  The
clone/rubber-stamp tool is so natural to use that spots and scratches
are eaten up in no time.  And drawing a freehand mask as Lasse needed to
do is no problem, the mask for "The Finish Line" could have been made in
30 minutes or less rather than some hours.

You'd never regret getting a graphics tablet :)

Regards,
Anthony Farr