Ahh - sorry I thought you were living in London.

>I live in Oslo.
>My original suggestion was more wishful thinking than anything else.
>Still, it would be great if we could make it happen some time.

Agreed.

>However, I just showed this thread to my wife and asked if she would
>like a week-end in London in October. She wasn't completely
>negative...
>
>- -Second half of October looks good, she said. :-)

Well now. We all know what happens in the second half of October, don't
we? Surely even in Norway (where I understand you have some of the finest
fiords in the world...) there must be plenty of ghosts and goblins
rattling about.

Meanwhile, Bob Rapp writes:
>    Why not have it in Sydney. As you know from the Olympics, Sydney knows
>how to throw a party. After all, London is in the land of the "long grey
>cloud" and Sydney is stunning!

With all this global warming, things have changed: The Mall is now
littered with palm trees, the Serpentine (long since dried up) resembles
a miniature Death Valley, and Big Ben (the actual bell) is in danger of
melting. August temps were regularly in the 30s centigrade, and even in
October, we are expecting the usual zillions of flamingos basking on the
terraces of the Houses of Parliament. Sydney may be stunning, but with
descriptions like that above, you can tell we're all well out to lunch...
(hic).

Okay - Jostein
Me
Rob Brigham
Frits
Bob Walkden
Chris Stoddart
Norman Baugher

have all showed interest. Any more possibles for 'the end of October'?
Ostensibly the weekend of the 27th/28th?? Transatlantic offers most
welcome - in fact worldwide, off planet, we're not fussy here in the UK.

There's this great tour in an amphibious DUKW around the centre of London
that also comes up the Thames - could be an interesting excursion -
perhaps followed by lunch in a pub - rounding off with a walk or
something?? Just throwing ideas about - anyone else??

Cheers,

Cotty