On 27/11/06, mike wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I thought SR is based on magnets, with coils interacting with the
> magnetic field to provide sensor movement.  That's how it doesn't use
> any power until actually functioning.  Does this model have a
> vertical/horizontal sensor?  That seems a more obvious candidate for
> unusual noise.

It's based on electro-magnets which are on the floating plate on which
the sensor is mounted acting against permanent magnets affixed to the
body (front plate of SR assembly). So there is nothing to anchor the
floating plate until the electro-magnetic coils are energized.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA