For Frank - from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's web news - 9 inches of
snow so far, and still falling.

-P
----------------
*Bicycle messengers riding out the storm*

The streets in downtown Milwaukee are a mess of snow, testing cars and
plows at each intersection.

Not the bikers.

Breakaway Bicycle Courier, a downtown messenger service, has five riders
on the streets this morning, plus one who is using a car. Neither rain,
nor snow, nor .... It goes for bicycle messengers, too.

"We never stop here," said dispatcher Eric Von Munz, in between handling
a steady volume of calls.

He said the riders, who carry items from office to office, don't have to
worry as much about cars, since the traffic is slowed. And they can
follow in the tread marks of cars, which press a path into the snow.

"It's a lot easier than you think," Von Munz said.

But wouldn't the riders prefer a nice warm day, the sun shining and a
gentle breeze blowing? Not necessarily.

"We love it," Von Munz said. "This is great."