Interesting. The K100D certainly doesn't recognize an A lens off the A
position. Perhaps this is inherent in the difference between the A's
retractable A pin and the F and later's non-retractable one.

It also could be a difference between the K10D and other DSLR's. Most of the AF
film bodies still recognize lenses off A.

-Adam