Mark Cassino wrote:

>ann sanfedele wrote:
>

>>Those are lovely, Mark -
>>the color one reminds me a lot of Robert Glen Ketchum.'s stuff.
>>

>Thanks Ann - I'm honored by the comparison (but have a long ways to go
>to get to that point...)

Well there is one photo that puts you there anyway:)

>>I THINK the font you are using is the same one I used for this
>>lady's jewelery shop but I can't find it again now - having forgotten
>>how to extract the list of font examples (I used to know stuff)
>>Do you know the name of it?
>>
>>here is her page with my banner (and photos)
>>http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=72339
>>

>Hmmm - I'm using tempus sans ITC. I don't think it's the same font - I
>just typed "made" in it and the letters don't touch - with the font you
>used the letters manage to stream togehter.

I did the same - no not the same font...

>>Btw - she is a teacher trying to peddle her original jewelry designs -
>>hope she sells a lot so she will be back for more photos.
>>

>It looks like nice stuff - hopefully she'll be back.  The website banner
>is nice too!

I think her stuff is lovely, I took one pair of earrings for partial
payment for a present for a friend
I dont wear any jewelry myself anymore except one ring... and I never
had my ears piereced  -
fortunately, it kept me from being too tempted by them :)

>>and how archival is Enhanced Matte from Epson?  Why did they change it
>>from "Archival" ?
>>

>I wonder the same thing. I use the Enhanced matte for day to day
>printing and for mono prints. For color I use the Premium Semigloss
>(which seems to be more of a plastic sheet than paper.)
>
>I'm not sure how 'archival" either the Archival Matte or Enhanced Matte
>papers are. Epson talks about how color fast they are and I can confirm
>that the colors from the the archival Epson printers I use - the 2000p
>and 2200 - seems to hold up for a long time.  I have prints on hand that
>have been out in the open for several years and I see no signs of fading
>or color shift.
>
>BUT - to be archival a paper has to be at least acid free and preferably
>  buffered against the inevitable atmospheric acids it encounters. As
>the years clock by I'm beginning to see a tanning to some of the
>Enhanced and Archival matte prints I have on hand. These are not the
>ones matted and bagged - those seem fine. But rather, prints stored in
>the open air. the portions of the paper exposed to the air seems most
>subject to this effect. So I wonder about the archival qualities WRT
>acidity.
>
>FWIW - I've been moving toward the water color paper for many prints
>(the moon set image has only been presented in water color paper) and
>plan to move to the fine art papers for future prints.
>
>For landscapes I've gone to larger prints (in the 34 x 26 inch range)
>printed on a Chromira (which uses regular photo paper - the lab I work
>with uses Kodak Endura.) The landscapes are shot on the 6x7 since there
>is so much scrubby detail in them.
>

>>and while I'm answering questions,,, "'why can't a mouse swallow a
>>streetcar?."
>>

>There are no more street cars?
>
>Cheers -
>
>MCC

I guess you guys don't know the same old folksongs I do...
I actually forget what the response in the song is - but
it was a cute song of a child asking all sorts of impossible questions that
only children seem to dream up - I just threw it out to see who else
knew the song
and Odetta singing it.

ann