"John Whittingham" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>> Indeed a common problem is the little mirror for the arperture
>> reading in the viewfinder.
>
> I always wanted to know can that be fixed with a CLA?

It's a common problem, and easy to fix.  There's a tiny mirror sitting
on a flexible metal holder behind the aperture window, reflecting the
light into the prism.  This may either have fallen off, or just be out
of adjustment.  If it's fallen off, it's in there somewhere, and can
be glued back on.  In either case, it needs to be adjusted by bending
the "stalk" it sits on until you see the aperture ring in the
viewfinder.

In other words, it shouldn't add much to the cost of a CLA.

-tih
--
Don't ascribe to stupidity what can be adequately explained by ignorance.