Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, William Robb wrote:
>

>>I should probably have moved to a new technology flash with the istD, I
>>might have been happier with TTL performance.
>

> You would have gone P-TTL then, P meaning a pre-flash. Not sure what
> it does to dogs' expressions (although it's meant to be pretty
> instant, people have said on the list that it causes people to blink).
>
> Kostas

It's nigh-on impossible to get a good shot of me with a consumer-level DSLR
that uses preflash, I'm way too sensitive to the preflash and the delay between
preflash and actual firing is too long. I had a friend of mine try repeatedly
with a D70 and SB800, he got good shots in Auto or manual flash and closed eyes
in i-TTL mode. Same goes for Canon. A Canon 1D or Nikon D2 has a small enouhg
delay between preflash and actual firing to catch my eyes before they close.

-Adam