Perry Pellechia wrote:
> How many of you with K10D's are shooting Raw+JPG?

Not so far, and I can't imagine a situation where I will to be honest.  As
Rob mentioned, having the raw button was obviously considered more important
than having a custom WB button as on the *istD.  Perhaps they could've made
this a 'quick access' button of some sort; assign it to whatever people want
to do on the fly... RAW/JPEG, Custom WB, format the SD card, etc :)

Rob Studdert wrote:
> My point earlier was that if well executed you really don't have to
> stop to set WB, the *ist D wasn't bad but you did have to stop. My Oly
> E10 however you just had to hit the dedicated manual WB button and
> confirm with the OK button, very quick to use. It's a drawn out clumsy
> process to set WB ob the K10D in comparison.

I suppose this was easier on the E10 because the "live" CCD allowed it to be
grabbed at any time without actually taking a shot?

I guess it could be tied into the digital preview on the K10D.. ie take a
DOF preview, then hit OK to set WB from it or something?   Not that it'd
help me, I use otical preview (so far).

In any case, I do agree regarding the multiple custom WB settings.  While I
mostly shoot RAW, I did have my *istD set to a few common WBs at times that
I would use in cases where I shot JPEG.  I don't see myself using JPEG as
much on the K10D; the main reasons I used it on the *istD on occasion was
partly the ridiculously large PEFs, but mostly the card write speed.
Shooting RAW in some situations was just too annyoing.  Shoot a few frames,
wait 5 minutes for the buffer to empty (well thats what it felt like :)

- Peter Loveday