On 10/12/06, Peter Loveday <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I suppose this was easier on the E10 because the "live" CCD allowed it to be
> grabbed at any time without actually taking a shot?

No it actually made an exposure, the Oly being a hybrid SLR with
optical finder and fixed image splitter was a bit strange. It still
had a shutter (as pointed out to me by Godfrey), the live preview did
not use the same mechanism as the single frame shot. The dedicated
manual WB button was held down with one finger as a the shot was made
which sent then invoked a WB confirmation screen on the rear LCD. The
K10D could easily be set up to do a similar thing given the digital
pre-view mode. And it would be great if the RAW button was user
programmable like the front and rear dials.

> Shooting RAW in some situations was just too annyoing.  Shoot a few frames,
> wait 5 minutes for the buffer to empty (well thats what it felt like :)

Don't I know it, the K10D is a godsend in that regard.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA