thanks, that makes sense. jco

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Adam Maas
Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 2:03 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Luminous Landscape: Reichmann tries out a K10D

Canon offers FF (1Ds series, 5D), 1.3x crop (the 1D series high fps
bodies) and 1.6x crop (Digital Rebels, 30D and antescendants). EF-S
lenses are for the 1.6x cropped bodies from the original Digital Rebel
on, earlier 1.6x crop bodies cannot use them as they are mechanically
incompatible with plain EF mount bodies (EF-S bodies can mount EF-S
lenses, but EF-S lenses do not mount on EF bodies).

-Adam