Not specifically a reply to Alex, just tagging into the thread here
with a couple of comments.

I've read the reviews and a bunch of the threads on DPreview and found
them interesting.

If you read the review and try to stay objective, he's saying that
Pentax hasn't designed the JPEG conversion to produce the type of
photo that most everyone else has.  They've made some different
decisions and choices.  He also says you're not going to see the
difference in anything smaller than an A3 print.

-

Another forum member posted a copy of his email to Pentax stating his
demand to immediately fix this in a firmware release.

A bit later he posted the reply from Pentax.  Paraphrasing - No young
man, we designed it that way on purpose.  Perhaps you should just bump
up the sharpening adjustment a tiny bit.

-

With all due respect to Phil's work, we're seeing a sea change in
equipment here and his current testing will need to adapt, and I'm
sure it will.

For instance - His SR testing methodology is ok in that it is
consistent, but I'm not sure that it tests anything more that how well
SR/IS/VR works for Phil.  At least one other major photo magazine has
expressed a bit of concern over coming up with a decent way to test SR
from any manufacturer.

-

Personally, I thought it was an ok review.  It's like reading any
other review.  You have to be familiar with the reviewer and his style
or you don't know how to interpret the info.  Given Phil Askey's other
reviews and his background I thought it was a rave.

See you later, GS
<http://georgesphotos.net>