Cotty wrote:
> On 18/12/06, Godfrey DiGiorgi, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
>> yessuh! Larry Niven, David Brin, Ike Asimov, Iain M Banks, Greg Bear,
>> Anne McCaffrey, Ursula K LeGuin, AE Van Vogt, Kim Stanley Robinson,
>> ACClarke, Ted Sturgeon, Bruce Sterling, Samual R Delaney, William
>> Gibson, Harry Harrison, Commander Bob ... gads, there are just too
>> many to name them all. Met Larry Niven and David Brin during a
>> writers convention at Caltech about 1986 ... both of them are Caltech
>> dropouts. ;-)
>>
>> Currently re-reading KSR's Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars trilogy.
>> Really well done work. Iain M Banks "The Algebraist" was masterful,
>> as are almost all his books. Ursula's "The Wave In The Mind" was
>> almost a religious experience.
>>
>> Can't stop reading.
>
> Godders - I had no idea. We have much to discuss.

Interesting, although my taste goes other ways (Jerry Pournelle, Lois
McMaster Bujold, David Weber, John Ringo, Neil Stephenson, Walter John
Williams, Ken Macleod, Robert A Heinlein and other such).

KSR's Mars trilogy is brilliant in concept, but I found it to be
extremely dry reading. Still the best example of Terraforming in SF.

Personally, I've been reading a lot of fantasy lately. George R.R.
Martin's Song of Ice and Fire and Steven Erikson's Tales of the Malazan
Book of the Fallen are the best fantasy I've seen in a long time.

-Adam