Hi Godders,

On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:08:58 -0800, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:

>> The difference is that what you initially select in the menu
>> is what will be set whenever you switch the camera on ...
>>
>> I like to start in just "RAW", add JPG when want (hardly ever :-)
>
>I took a look ... However you set the camera with the menu, when you
>press the RAW button it's just a shortcut to the menu to toggle
>between the two modes. So if you set it to "RAW + JPEG" and then hit
>the RAW button, with Continue option for the RAW button chosen, the
>default state is now RAW, including power cycles.

Hmm, this is getting confusing :-)

There must be something else that is different between
our settings, since on mine it certainly does not do that.

If I set it to "RAW" in the menu, I can use the "RAW" button to
toggle it to "RAW+" and back. However, after a power-cycle
it always starts with plain "RAW".

OTOH, if I set it to "RAW+" in the menu, the "RAW"
button does not seem to do anything at all ...
(I would have expected it to toggle)

>So you can either set it to RAW/DNG and then use the button to switch
>to RAW+J, or set to RAW+J and hit the button to toggle it back to
>RAW. The end result is identical. :-)

Not on mine :-)

Regards, JvW