On Dec 20, 2006, at 1:24 AM, John Whittingham wrote:

> I thought Pentax DSLR's had probably the best viewfinders of any
> sub $1000
> DSLR, not that I'd lose any sleep over it -:)

I have compared the Nikon D200 against the Pentax *ist DS. I find
them about equal in viewfinder quality, with a slight edge to the
Nikon. The K10D viewfinder is slightly better than the *ist DS and on
par with or better than the Nikon D200 as far as I can tell. I have
only just looked through a D80 once and didn't feel that it was any
better than the *ist DS.

The K-M 7D also had a very good viewfinder, to my eye it and the *ist
DS were on par.

Godfrey