On Dec 20, 2006, at 7:59 AM, Adam Maas wrote:

>> ..I have
>> only just looked through a D80 once and didn't feel that it was any
>> better than the *ist DS.
>
> The D80 uses the exact same finder as the D200.
>
> Note that the Nikon finders use an LCD overlay and are quite bad when
> not powered on. Don't judge them unless you've got the camera
> turned on.

The cameras were powered on.

Again, I have only had one moment with the D80. It didn't seem quite
as nice as the D200, about the same as the *ist DS which is almost
identical to my eye with the D200, so it could well have been a
mistaken impression, might have been a different lens.

I didn't think it necessary to say that D200/D80/*ist DS/K10D all
have pretty darn good viewfinders. The tiny differences between them
are insignificant.

Godfrey