On Dec 20, 2006, at 4:38 PM, DagT wrote:

>  good movies deserve a large screen and a
> dark room .-)

I should know better than to get into this, but I've found very few
theaters that can present a movie as well as I can in my home. I have
a dark room with big, comfortable leather chairs positioned 15 feet
from a 61- inch Pioneer plasma HDTV. At the four corners I have four
Polk tower speakers with 100 watt pre-amps plus a Polk center speaker
below the screen and a Velodyne subwoofer. The broadcast comes from
Direct TV via a 5Nb satellite dish that pulls down multiple signals
from a variety of satellites. I also have an upsampling Panasonic DVD
player. Blue Ray coming soon. The sound is processed by a 550 watt
Pioneer five plus one surround sound receiver.Not everyone wants to
spend on  this kind of equipment for home entertainment. But my wife
and I rarely leave the house for anything other than work. This is
our entertainment. We took the money others spend on dinners and
going out and put it into this room. So JCO has a point. But he
should only make it once. As I intend to do.
Paul