Alas Landmark Status doesn't always save a structure.  A few years ago I
had a very good Mexican style dinner in a building with Historic
Landmark status in the vicinity of Melbourne Florida.  A CVS pharmacy
stands where it did today.

ann sanfedele wrote:
> Thanks all you guys....
>
> I see what you mean about the fire - but I didn't until you mentioned it.
> the 19th century look and the patterns of the trees are what I liked
> about the scene myself.
>
> The church in the background is in trouble --
> http://www.savestbrigid.com/www/
>
> I'm not religeous at all but the structure is an old an handsome one and
> I think I mentioned
> earlier I gave them a print of another photo of mine (where the church
> is better seen) that
> sold at auction to support the committee to save the place.
>
> ann
>
> David Savage wrote:
>

>> I like this. Neat effect.
>>
>> Kinda' looks like everything is on fire.
>>
>> Dave
>>
>> On 12/21/06, ann sanfedele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5358414
>>>

>>> I thought I would see what would happen if I shot in color with and
>>> orange filter and then
>>> converted to BW -  but the conversion didn't look too good and I liked
>>> the orange so I left it alone.
>>>
>>> shot in raw, converted to tif with no adjustments, cropped a teesy bit
>>> (a la Mark Roberts's idea)
>>> slapped on a border - thats it.
>>>
>>> I felt virtuous because I shot something with my LX for the PUG and
>>> loaded it already.
>>>
>>> ann
>>>

>>> --
>>> PDML Pentax-Discuss Mail List
>>> PDML@pdml.net

Things should be made as simple as possible -- but no simpler.
                        --Albert Einstein