From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Jostein Øksne
Sent: 24. desember 2006 11:35
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Doomsday is coming upon us?

IMVHO, Tim:
Even if the climatologists' worst-case scenarios comes to be, the
planet doesn't go beyond supporting human existence.

I have more worries about what humans can do to other humans in the
wake of the climate change. When the location of land suitable for
agriculture has shifted, and a significant part of "advanced"
society's infrastructure is submerged in the big salty, humans will
face a logistical problem, but not extinction.

Jostein

On 12/24/06, Tim Øsleby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think you are both right Jostein and John. Mother earth as the planet
will
> most likely survive. But that won't do us any god. If we let all the
> Cottmobiles loose (God forbid letting the man himself loose) she will
> change.
> There are a lot of signs that she is changing right now. Into something
> beyond our existence.
>
> Merry Christmas ;-)
>

> Tim
> Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)