Tom.
I'm offline now at work, and I am wondering if this message of mine came out
a bit too strong.
I felt you went for the man instead of the ball, and then I did the same in
return. That's a stupid thing to do. Sorry about that.

Our opinions differs, that's obvious. But Tom and others.

I am aware of the theories around the disappearance of the dinosaurs. They
may be right, but it is unproven theories. I'm also very aware the natural
changes in the climate. That's more than theories, it seems like facts.

Just for the sake of the argumentation, let us say that both meteor theory
and natural changes are correct. This does not implicate that human activity
does not have an impact. It proves nothing.
Folks, please don't confuse theories with proves when making an argument.

On the other hand we do have some knowledge about the ecosystem. We know
that ecosystem is the sum of other systems. Some systems working together,
others are working against each other. All these systems make a very
delicate balance.
(By using the word knowledge I'm not saying that this is proven, I'm only
suggesting that I'm referring very strong theories)

And Tom. I do suggest that we try to do something about what seem to be a
new situation. That may be wrong, and it may be stupid. But it does not mean
that I have a god complex.
On the contrary, it means that I see myself as a tiny bit, or more a
fragment, no, more like a fragment of a fragment of something larger and
more important than myself.

But unlike you Tom (it seem that), I see myself as a part of a system.
The nature of a system is that every fragment, large or not, has an impact
of the circle.

BTW. System theories have impact on a lot of other theories, including eco
theories. They are also used to describe social relations like families and
societies or organisations. What makes them so interesting is that they
describe and leads to an interesting understanding of almost anything
organic, and a lot of mechanical stuff, including engines ;-)
Being offline, I'm not able to pick references out of my hat at the moment,
but if you are interested, I could probably find something later.

I also wish you all an Organic Hollyday ;-)

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)