On 12/26/06, ann sanfedele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Scott  -
> accomodations in NY are VERY expensive...
> You are welcome to stay with me if you don't mind a small bedroom and a
> cat in the household.

Thank you very much, Ann.  That is most kind.  However, I'll have to
decline.  Christie has a mild cat (or animal hair or some such)
allergy which is amplified by her contact lenses.  Besides, it's been
a VERY long time since we've had an evening without the kids around.
;)

> I might be convinced to let you buy me a meal in our wonderful Chinatown
> or one of
> the neighborhood places :)  Dim sum on Sunday morning would be fun for
> you, too.

I can definitely do that.

> B&H , of course, is closed on Saturdays but open on Sunday....

Whee!  I feel a spending, er, shopping spree coming on.

> I can certainly point you in the direction of some good stuff to see
> museum wise.

That would be very cool.  Thanks!

> If you really want to be economical, you don't need to take Amtrack -
> the Septa and NJ transit trains are a cheaper way to go and I think there
> are off peak rates.  Of course, if you were older than you are, it would be
> really cheap.

While that sounds nice, we're coming from Harrisburg, PA.  Amtrak
offers the most direct route.

Hopefully, this will all work out within less than two months.  We'll
see what the weather does.  If the winter gets particularly bad we'll
probably postpone until March or April.

> Scott Loveless wrote:
>
> >The wife and I are planning a weekend getaway to NYC sometime within
> >the next couple months.  The tentative plans include hitching a ride
> >on the Amtrak to Penn Station.  Most likely we'll be arriving around
> >lunch time on a Saturday and departing the following afternoon.  Would
> >anyone have recommendations for accommodations in the vicinity?  Plus,
> >a pilgrimage to B&H is, of course, a requisite.  The maps I've looked
> >at seem to indicate that their store is very close to the train
> >station.  Can anyone confirm this for me?  Our time in NYC will be far
> >too short to take in more than one or two "sites", so we'd prefer to
> >keep travel within the city to a minimum.  Any art museums,
> >restaurants, etc. come to mind?  What's it going to take to convince
> >one or two of you to lead us around on a photo tour?

Scott Loveless
http://www.twosixteen.com
Shoot more film!