I stayed at the Hyatt at Grand central station in Nov. My sister was
in NYC for work and she kindly shared her room with me so I don't know
how much it was, but you don't mention what your budget is either.

When I got in at Penn I had the option to walk 10 minutes to the line
that Grand Central is on, or take 2 trains to get there -- this was
almost about 10 minutes. The hotel squats atop Grand Central, but our
room on the 15th or 16th floor was very quiet. If I could afford it, I
would stay there again.

During the night, I went downstairs to photograph Grand Central. I was
not bothered by staff about my camera, but they ripped me a new one
for using my tripod. Fine, you can drive a car through the middle of
the station but I can't use my tripod.... :P

--skye