On 12/26/06, Scott Loveless <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The wife and I are planning a weekend getaway to NYC sometime within
> the next couple months.  The tentative plans include hitching a ride
> on the Amtrak to Penn Station.  Most likely we'll be arriving around
> lunch time on a Saturday and departing the following afternoon.  Would
> anyone have recommendations for accommodations in the vicinity?

I know there are a bunch of hotels on 8th Ave. in the 50's and below.
I have found the people on the Fodor's message boards to be most
helpful. Here's the US board:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=1

You'll have to register to post a question, but you can search the
boards without registering.

>What's it going to take to convince
> one or two of you to lead us around on a photo tour?

Nate and I would be up for it. You won't have to pull our legs to get
us to go to B&H, either. ;)

Amita