On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 10:05:49AM -0500, Doug Franklin wrote:
> Frits W?thrich wrote:
>
> > I leave choosing the autofocus point up to the camera.
>
> I don't because with the race cars, I often have to "manage" the DOF by
> intentionally biasing the focus point to compensate for the shutter's
> lock time.

As do I.  In fact I'm not too keen on the full-auto-focus mode at
any time; I've got a whole stack of shots where *something* is
nicely in focus, but it isn't actually what I wanted.  The K10D
may focus faster, but that's still no help if it's focussing on
the wrong thing, and I rather doubt the K10D uses significantly
different auto-focus point selection criteria than the *ist-D.