This is why the QuickShift focusing mount is so helpful. Its Canon
workalike ... full time manual focus ... is one of the details that I
miss most moving to the Pentax system. With both of them, you let the
camera focus as well as it can, then just tweak the focus that little
increment to nail what YOU want perfectly. No fussing around with
lock and reframe or manipulating the focus point manually ...

This is the primary reason I can't wait for the DA35 and DA55 to be
released, and why I still consider trading the FA77 for a DA70.

Godfrey