On Wednesday 27 December 2006 16:47, Jens Bladt wrote:
> Very nice photograph - in fact it's excellent!
> This was not done with continous AF, was it? Well, at some distance any
> photograph is always sharp. Only not necessarily where you wnat it to be.
> In my experience the *istD AF/Continuos AF is not fast enough for anything

Yes, I used (predictive) continious AF. But drive mode on single frame, if
that is what confuses you. I wait for the decisive moment, rather then take
2.6 frames per second only to find out later I just missed the one shot in
between two frames. A faster FPS would be very welcome though. AF-Single or
manual doesn't work for me, I am not vary able to focus manualy for action
shots.

The photo is a crop of a landscape photo, the height is the full height of the
land scape frame. Aperture is 6.7, as it can't go larger at a focal length of
150mm. That does give some more DOF, however focus seems to be spot on.

> movuing faster than a walking human. I have pointed this out many times on
> this list. Other list members allways seem to answer me, that shots like
> this must be done using MF. So, in a way they seem to agree - the AF isn't
> fast enough for action photography. Alone the slow FPS speed indicates
> this. If FPS were sharper the AF would never cope.

Perhaps this is what is different between your shooting style and mine. I can
imagine there is not much time for focussing after a photograph was made and
the next will be made when the camera is in continuos drive mode.

> In my understanding the K10D is not really faster than the D. Only write
> speed is faster.

That was not my impression, but I will see in a few days.

> I ma looking forward to hearing about your results in this area.
> I wont' be getting my K10D until May 1st. So, I'd like to know.
> What I am looking foreward to is better cropablity, faster write speed and
> Shake Reduction. Still, faster AF would be very nice.
> Regards
> Jens
>

> Jens Bladt
> http://www.jensbladt.dk