Aaron Reynolds writes:

> Does the 45mm not offer half-stop positions?  Eek!  The 105mm does.
> Anyone know about the 55mm?

 The 45mm does.  I should have been more clear about my desire for half-stop
shutter speeds: they allow you to set the exact aperture you want (for whatever
DOF effect you're after) without being limited to full-stop increments to get the
right exposure.  That's just a minor nit-pick because I'm not normally that
critical on my out-of-focus effects.

> Is it the Pentax grid?  I love the standard matte screen that came with
> the body, but I'm always looking for new screens...plus, if I get a
> 45mm, the grid could prove useful.

 I have no idea who made my grid screen.  Is there any way I can tell?

> If the 67 had the LX's metering, I'd never ever use anything but the 67. :)

 Maybe the 67 III will have such a metering system :)

> I could sit and focus the 105mm all day long.

 I'm intending to get a 90mm myself.  I prefer the focal length and it is reputed
to be a little better at f/22 (the 105 is said to be better wide-open).

 When walking around with the 45 yesterday I kept wishing I had a longer
lens.  Then I realised that I should be trying to use the wide lens more
effectively.  It sucks when you realise how bad a photographer you really are :)

 Another plus for the 67 is that I can tilt the tripod over to portrait orientation
without seriously unbalancing the rig.  The RB67 is so big and heavy in
comparison that it _needs_ the rotating back.

> Congrats on an excellent score...let us know how the pics turn out!

 I'll scan a couple if they're any good.  At least I will be able to put 6x7 pics on
PUG now :)  I'm Pentax throughout now, right down to the light meter :)

Cheers,

- Dave

David A. Mann, B.E. (Elec)
http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/

"Why is it that if an adult behaves like a child they lock him up,
 while children are allowed to run free on the streets?" -- Garfield