Brian Walters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What sort of compressor do you use?

I'm not Rob but I've been using a so-called "oil-free" compressor for
years. It has PTFE cylinder linings and doesn't need lubrication. One
major caveat: the blower pistol that I bought with it was copiously
greased inside and caused an awful mess until I disassambled and cleaned
it.

This compressor lives in my basement lab and I have a second 25 litre
pressure vessel - basically the same type as the one fitted to the
compressor - for scanning and other cleaning jobs upstairs. Usually
lasts for at least two nights of intense scanning work.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de