On 02/01/07, William Robb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I realize this will vary from lens to lens, but what is the median size of
> the projected image circle on the Pentax lenses you are familiar with? I
> suppose one should take the smallest value if the projection changes size
> with aperture.
> My reason for asking is that I think it would be nice if the shake reduction
> technology could be assimilated into a 24x36mm DSLR, but I've always been of
> the impression that most 35mm camera lenses don't offer much coverage beyond
> the 35mm frame. It's what I was taught when I was learning the nuts and
> bolts of photographic theory.

Most 35mm lenses don't cover much more than 43mm diagonally however
given that the sensor movement in the K10D is about +/- 2.5mm I
venture that SR could be fully implemented if users were willing to
endure a 5mm crop from each dimension for the full frame. This would
result in an SR frame with a 1.16 crop, not too unusable and along the
same lines as the concept of cropping to an APS frame when reduced
frame lenses are mounted on full frame bodies. Almost everyone would
be happy then.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA