On Jan 3, 2007, at 3:42 AM, Digital Image Studio wrote:

> ... I do a lot of bush walking and if the camera isn't out and
> accessible
> then I inevitably miss shots of birds and other critters. It would be
> great to be able to use a strap but generally it far easier and safer
> to remove the strap and carry the camera by hand. ...

I also eschew neck straps. For the above kind of walking about/hiking
shooting, a Lowepro Photo runner works a charm (waist/shoulder belt
with a quick-open top) so the camera can be put down and away
somewhere safe. When in my hand, I use a Hakuba Grip-LH fitted to the
camera. (I have to make a longer strap to accommodate the K10D with
the battery grip on it, but I haven't used that yet.) I don't like
carrying it without something to secure it to my hand, loosely.

I've got pix of the Hakuba Grip-LH fitted to the DS somewhere on my
website, I'll have to rustle them up.

Godfrey