From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of J.
C. O'Connell
Sent: 3. januar 2007 16:47
To: 'Pentax-Discuss Mail List'
Subject: RE: OT: Occupations?

I have two turntable setups, one optimized for
stereo LPs and one optimized for mono LPs.
There were too many great mono LPs in the
50's and 60's to not hear them as good as possible.
Mono LPs sound much better using a dedicated mono
cartridge. The only thing I havent done is use a single
speaker in the middle for mono playback, due to ergonomics
and economics.

As far as mulichannel goes, the more the better,
but the problem is there is very very little good multichannel
software you can buy. Stereo recordings still are the
vast majority of all high quality music recordings
ever made and will be so for quite some time to come.

jco