[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hereafter Edmptx will use the screen name ledmrvm. I apologize for cluttering
> the message list, but have promised to avoid confusion with the other Eds on
> the list.

I know Ed Mathews. You sir, are no Ed Mathews.

Maybe one of you should use a nickname. Since I've met Maryland Ed
Mathews, I would like to propose that he go by the moniker 'The Iron
Ed', since he swings a mean F100 and is a giant of a man.

Well, anyay, he's real tall. Plus, 'Magnesium Ed' is a mouthful.

Speaking of Nikon...the other day I took a tour of our machine room here
at the U of MD. I was surprised to see the design changes that the IBM
390 mainframe has been through. Used to be, they were housed in big blue
boxes (duh). Now they come in a stylish black box with a red stripe. In
other words, they look like a big Nikon:

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/s390/pes/

Maybe there's some sort of weird product convergence here....maybe the
Nikon D390 is right around the corner. It'll only be useful for studio
photography, and you'll need raised flooring, an A/C upgrade, and a
*serious* tripod. OTOH, you get 500GB images and a very manly 250
million frames per second.

Batteries may be a problem.

Pardon me, I was due for a ramble.

tv