Removal of yellowing from some Super Takumar lenses is often discussed on the
Spotmatic Yahoo Group.  Here's an extract from some info I copied some time
ago.

Doesn't help with fungus, though.

"Wrap the UNCAPPED lens in aluminum foil, all but the rear element. Put it on a
windowsill in your house that gets full sunlight, tilted so the maximum
sunlight enters the lens (it then bounces back off the foil at the front. The
UV light from the sun is said to do the trick, eliminating the yellow in from
two to six weeks. The maximum time was needed for some very old 50/1.4
Super-Takumar lenses; the minimum for my newest SMC Takumars with chequered
rubber focus rings, and for an SMC Pentax 50/1.4 K-bayonet mount lens, the one
with the 52mm filter thread."

Cheers

Brian

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia

Quoting Charles Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On Jan 5, 2007, at 1:59, Brian Walters wrote:
>

> > ... and on that note (in case any still haven't seen it):
> >
> > http://www.hermes.net.au/bayling/repair.html
> >

> Isn't there a REAL fix for this?  I thought I'd read somewhere that
>
> leaving the lens exposed to UV light (like out in the sun) for a
> while also cleared up the yellowing...   Ouch.
>
>   -Charles

Stone Hawk Drug Rehab
Stone Hawk drug rehab has the highest success rate nationwide with 76%
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/MhtYWUi9ASEgoWzz2x9kY8P0Cfi9V9s66NElA/