I find this discussion interesting at two levels. First I find the subject
for the photo interesting. It says something about you as a person and as a
photographer. It also says something about the person who created the fence,
and something about the US. Perhaps it even tells us something general about
human nature. Whatever it is that I find interesting, I (like you) haven't
been able to point at what it is. All I can say, that it makes me curious.

But, it is also interesting from a photographic or a creative point of view.
I can sympathise with this "if I like what I see, I snap the shutter"
philosophy. If you analyse too much when shooting, the idea sometimes seem
to get lost during the process.

Sometimes when discussing creativity some people states "I'm not creative".
When they do I tend to reply. Nonsense, you are creative, all people are
creative. But, you may have a tendency to be to hard with your ideas. You
censor them before they come alive.

To me that is the danger of being overanalyzing ideas. I tend to censor too
much when analyzing. That is why ideas get lost I believe. So it can be a
good thing just to snap when something in you snaps.

But, I have also experienced that I'm not able to communicate the idea if
I'm not aware of it when shooting. So it gets lost just the same. What
usually works best for me is to first go by instinct, then do a bit of
analyzing after words, while I'm still at the spot. When I am aware of the
idea, then I'm ready to search for alternative shots of the same motif.

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)