At the end of some testing, my new RAW converter of choice for the K10D is
Silkypix.

This is because:

Adobe Bridge/Photoshop CS2/ACR (call it at your leisure) is not up to my
expectations for a good conversion. Too much grain effect at any speed,
especially on a smooth sky, and too much artifacts and unnatural look in
dark areas.
Good user interface, very easy to get accustomed to and very handy auto
defaults setting. Unfortunately, not enough for balancing its poor
performance (for my taste).

Adobe Lightroom also shows some degree of above image look problems (not as
badly as CS2 does, but visible). Furthermore, it is slow to preview image
adjustments and forces your to work the way its designers think it is good.
Not my workflow. In short: better image quality and far worse
user-friendliness (to me).

Pentax Photo Lab 3.1. Pros: excellent image quality. Cons: alien user
interface needing two big screens to display and work. And it is sloooow to
show you the effects of image adjustments. Oh, have I told you how slow it
is? It is sloooow.

Silky pix: Excellent image quality, rather good interface, more than
acceptable speed, batch conversion... The closest thing to Rawshooter
Premium I've seen so far. After some quick testing, I'm hooked and I've just
ordered it.

Now I finally feel comfortable with the K10D.

Dario