On 08/01/07, Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - I hated using Silkypix. Worst user interface of the batch... I
> worked hard at it, put a day's work in to learn it and barely
> achieved what I thought was a passable result.

I buckled and tried it again today, what were they thinking, they have
managed to complicate the process beyond what I thought possible.
Sending parameters to "the cloakroom" aside and the fact that many
more experienced users swear by its image quality I note that it still
only supports AdobeRGB and sRGB as colour spaces. Enabling the out of
gamut warning quickly indicates why this is a limitation.

> My K10D is now set semi-permanently to RAW/DNG format capture. I'm
> still working my images with Photoshop + Camera Raw as my production
> base, but Lightroom is an up and coming in my book. I just need to
> figure out some of the more complex automation things that I do with
> my photos to adopt it as my RAW converter of choice, and of course
> that cannot happen until it is a full Golden Master release.

So is mine, I just hope that some form of DNG compression is
implemented in future firmware releases.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA