When in college, (university to non-Americans), the phone number in a
house I rented was commonly misdialed by people trying to contact a
local fast food, (fried chicken), place.  We got calls all hours of the
day and night, much hilarity ensued, (for the chicken place as well when
those customers showed up to collect their orders...)

Digital Image Studio wrote:
> On 08/01/07, John Francis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> Mind you, that still doesn't get rid of the biggest source
>> of unwanted calls (especially in the late evening) - our
>> phone number is one simple digit transposition away from
>> the local Blockbuster Video/DVD rental store.
>>

> Oh the Joy. A friend of mine once had a number that was commonly
> mis-dialled by listeners attempting to dial a local radio stations
> competition line. For some entertainment he put together a bogus
> winners message on his answer machine which was quite rude, a lot of
> people still left their details.

The more I know of men, the more I like my dog.
                        -- Anne Louise Germaine de Stael