On 09/01/07, Kenneth Waller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >Case in point; the integrated
> > nav unit in my vehicle is a $5k option yet it's slower and clunkier
> > than most $500 stand alone units. :-(
>
> Then I have to ask why did you purchase it?

Because of the level of integration (they have you over a barrel with
the new cars, mine contains three discrete wired networks adding
peripheries is quite difficult) and the fact that I do not modify
vehicles, the cost to insure here soar with mods and I want to be able
to pick up the same thing again with ease in the event that the cars
is stolen and unrecoverable.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA